Rescuers recovered more bodies in rough seas where three ferry boats capsized after being buffeted by fierce winds and waves off two central Philippine provinces, bringing the death toll to 31 with three missing, the coast guard said Sunday. Coast guard spokesman Armand Balilo said the dead were mostly passengers of two ferries that flipped over in sudden wind gusts and powerful waves Saturday off Guimaras and Iloilo provinces. Sixty-two other passengers and crew were rescued.
Posts from the same category:
- Iran says boat seized in Strait of Hormuz, Filipinos arrested
- The 14 Russian sailors who died aboard a top secret spy submarine could have probably made it out
- Criminal investigation opens into fire aboard California dive boat: source
- Taliban visits Moscow days after Trump says talks 'dead'
- Jeffrey Epstein's death is a perfect storm for conspiracy theories