Dozens of Hong Kong police officers have been placed in quarantine after attending a banquet with a colleague who later tested positive for the new coronavirus, officials said Friday. The news prompted celebrations among some pro-democracy protesters, a vivid illustration of how deeply polarised the city has become after months of rallies and thousands of arrests last year. Health officials said four officers as well as the infected policeman’s wife and mother-in-law showed symptoms of illness.
Posts from the same category:
- Hong Kong protesters seize roads in defiance of China warnings
- Flights cancelled after Hong Kong protesters target airport
- Five wounded as knife attack caps day of Hong Kong political chaos
- Xi Hails Future of China-Hong Kong Relations as Protests Rage
- Paris Knife Attacker Converted to Islam 18 Months Before Attack: Report