President Donald Trump’s announcement that he had called off negotiations with the Taliban, apparently ending a year-long diplomatic push to exit America’s longest war, has left the withdrawal deal shrouded in uncertainty. If the Taliban “had accepted peace, they should have announced a ceasefire and then the talks should have moved forward,” he added. Afghan President Ashraf Ghani’s office cautiously saluted the “sincere efforts of its allies” after Trump tweeted that he had cancelled unprecedented — albeit separate — meetings with the Taliban and Ghani at Camp David.
Posts from the same category:
- Afghan Taliban Stronger Than Ever After U.S. Spends $900 Billion
- Shattering Taliban attack in Kabul even as US deal nears
- Taliban visits Moscow days after Trump says talks 'dead'
- Taliban want US deal, but some in bigger hurry than others
- Donald Trump denies overruling Pence and other advisers on Camp David meeting with Taliban