Britain has agreed with the United States to remove an “anomaly” which allowed the wife of a U.S. official to claim diplomatic immunity from criminal prosecution after she was involved in a road accident in which 19-year-old Briton Harry Dunn was killed. The crash last August has caused friction between London and Washington after Britain criticised the United States for refusing to extradite Anne Sacoolas.
Posts from the same category:
- U.S. rebuffs Britain's extradition request for diplomat's wife after fatal crash
- Kremlin says it is winning arms race against U.S. despite rocket accident
- Chemical weapons body defends Syria attack conclusions after leaks
- Spain court agrees to extradite Venezuelan ex-intelligence chief to USA: EFE
- The Latest: EU, Britain to intensify talks on a Brexit deal