An Australian judge sentenced a man to 36 years in prison on Tuesday for the murder and rape of an Israeli student whom he bludgeoned into unconsciousness moments after she stepped off a tram in Melbourne before setting her corpse on fire. Victoria state Supreme Court Justice Elizabeth Hollingworth ordered Codey Herrmann, 21, to serve at least 30 years behind bars for his crimes against 21-year-old Aiia Maasarwe last January. The judge said she would have sentenced Herrmann to 40 years in prison with 35 years to be served before he became eligible for parole if he had not pleaded guilty in the face of an overwhelming prosecution case.
Posts from the same category:
- US slaps Hezbollah financier with prison, $50 mn fine
- North Dakota court overturns life term in cut from womb case
- Israel, Russia, and the US are in a diplomatic standoff over a 26-year-old woman smuggling 9 and a half grams of marijuana
- Brazil gang leader puts on silicon mask and wig in attempt to flee jail disguised as his daughter
- Jeffrey Epstein death: Two guards 'fell asleep' then falsified records after inmate removed from paedophile financier's cell