BEIJING/SHANGHAI (Reuters) – The ability of the new coronavirus to spread is strengthening and infections could continue to rise, China’s National Health Commission said on Sunday, with nearly 2,000 people in China infected and 56 killed by the disease. A handful of cases have been reported outside China, including in Thailand, Australia, the United States and France, with health authorities around the world racing to prevent a pandemic. The newly-identified coronavirus has created alarm because there are still many unknowns surrounding it, such as how dangerous it is and how easily it spreads between people.
Posts from the same category:
- China's isolation grows as virus toll reaches 259
- PHOTOS: China marks 70 years of communism with massive show of force
- Australian arrested in China for 'espionage'
- U.S. announces more coronavirus cases, details quarantine plans for returning travelers
- U.S. Evacuates Infected Citizens; Deaths Hit 1,775: Virus Update