Thousands of Chinese military personnel waving red flags paraded at a sports stadium in a city across the border from Hong Kong on Thursday, an AFP reporter witnessed. Armoured vehicles were also seen inside the stadium in Shenzhen, with the event taking place as concerns build that China may intervene to end 10 weeks of unrest in Hong Kong. State-run media reported this week that the elements of the People’s Armed Police (PAP), which is under the command of the Central Military Commission, were assembling in Shenzhen.
Posts from the same category:
- Trump takes back seat as China bristles over Hong Kong unrest
- Hong Kong protesters seize roads in defiance of China warnings
- Wuhan bans cars, Hong Kong closes schools as virus spreads
- Xi Hails Future of China-Hong Kong Relations as Protests Rage
- Five wounded as knife attack caps day of Hong Kong political chaos