The resignation of a female Democratic congresswoman over a consensual, sexual relationship with a campaign aide has sparked questions about whether women are held to higher standards in public life. At the center of the controversy is Katie Hill, a first-term lawmaker from California and a rising Democratic Party star. In a video released Monday, Hill said she was stepping down because she was “fearful of what might come next” following the online publication of explicit pictures that outed her relationship with a female staffer.
Posts from the same category:
- Kamala Harris suffers new blow as aide resigns with scathing letter: 'I've never seen staff treated so poorly'
- Furious Democrats call for Tom Perez's resignation after Iowa fiasco
- Bloomberg glides past Warren to No. 3 in Democratic race — Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Rep. Katie Hill, freshman targeted by revenge porn, resigns with a blast at Trump
- Kobe Bryant helicopter video emerges showing ill-fated flight minutes before crash