The resignation of a female Democratic congresswoman over a consensual, sexual relationship with a campaign aide has sparked questions about whether women are held to higher standards in public life. At the center of the controversy is Katie Hill, a first-term lawmaker from California and a rising Democratic Party star. In a video released Monday, Hill said she was stepping down because she was “fearful of what might come next” following the online publication of explicit pictures that outed her relationship with a female staffer.
Posts from the same category:
- ‘I Read the Article!’: Laura Ingraham’s Interview With Black NFL Star Ben Watson Backfires
- Fox News host Tucker Carlson dismisses white supremacy as 'a hoax'
- Harris Releases Plan for Six Months of Taxpayer-Funded Family Leave
- China pushes higher 'moral quality' for its citizens
- 9-year-old charged with murder in 5 Illinois fire deaths