A metal worker considered a "crucial witness" in the collapse at the Hard Rock Hotel construction site in New Orleans last month was deported Friday to his native Honduras.Lawyers for Delmer Joel Ramirez Palma said the 38-year-old may have been targeted for deportation because he voiced concerns about the project – a claim immigration officials have denied.
Posts from the same category:
- ICE ups ante in standoff with NYC: 'This is not a request'
- Groups ask California governor to deter parolee deportations
- Convicted Florida child molester beaten by another inmate and drowned in jail toilet, reports say
- No coalition troops hurt in rocket attack at Iraq base
- Russia offers job to Maria Butina, woman convicted by U.S. of being an agent