British police found the bodies of 39 people inside a truck at an industrial estate near London on Wednesday and said they had arrested the driver on suspicion of murder. The discovery of the bodies – 38 adults and one teenager – was made in the early hours after emergency services were alerted to people in a truck container on an industrial site in Grays, about 20 miles (32 km) east of central London. Police said the trailer had arrived at nearby docks having travelled from Zeebrugge in Belgium and the bodies were found just over an hour later.
Posts from the same category:
- Jihadi Jack: Isis fighter stripped of British citizenship by Home Office
- Police admit white powder seized during drugs bust at Gatwick airport is actually cake mix for vegan bakery
- India's ex-finance minister arrested at home in dramatic raid
- Body found in ravine in search for British scientist missing on Greek island
- 20 killed as truck plunges down ravine in Philippines