A man went on a knife rampage in Hong Kong late Sunday leaving at least five people wounded, including a local pro-democracy politician who had his ear bitten off, capping another chaotic day of political unrest in the city. The violence was less sustained than Saturday when police and protesters fought hours of cat and mouse battles after thousands took the streets for an unsanctioned march. Live footage showed Andrew Chiu, a local pro-democracy councillor, having his ear bitten off after trying to subdue the attacker, while a second man was seen unconscious in a growing pool of blood as bystanders desperately tried to stem wounds to his back.
Posts from the same category:
- Hong Kong activist stabbed as protesters gird for march
- Footage shows Bangkok bombing in mall minutes from ASEAN summit
- Hong Kong protesters form human chains to call for democracy
- Petrol bombs thrown in Hong Kong as anger flares over 'triad' attack on protest leader
- Paris Knife Attacker Converted to Islam 18 Months Before Attack: Report