Republican Sen. Susan Collins officially launched her bid for reelection Wednesday, setting up an expensive and closely watched battle that’s starting against the backdrop of impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump. Collins, who made her formal announcement in an email to supporters, said she took her time with her decision and concluded her “bipartisan commonsense approach” will be important in an era of bitter partisanship. Collins also said her seniority in the Senate can help Maine.
Posts from the same category:
- Ad targets Susan Collins: 'You’re a senator. Act like it.'
- Trump declares 'major breakthrough' in Syria, lifts sanctions on Turkey
- Buttigieg 1st to announce Q4 fundraising haul of $24.7 million
- Not much for Trump to be thankful for in latest impeachment news
- Impeachment witnesses tested Republican defenses of Trump one by one