Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has requested the president-elect Joe Biden leave her name out of consideration when he assembles his first cabinet. Ms Whitmer was understood to be on the shortlist of candidates for Mr Biden’s running mate before he picked Kamala Harris, and is among the favourites to be given a cabinet role instead.
Posts from the same category:
- Joe Biden buries the hatchet and looks to bring in Kamala Harris as running mate
- Obama reportedly moved his speaking slot at the DNC so he could 'pass the torch' to Harris
- Biden lawyers say Trump won’t win the election in Supreme Court
- Biden enters convention with a moderately shrinking lead over Trump, polls find
- ‘Transition’ to Kamala? Not on Our Watch