When Americans panic, they buy guns — lots of them. During the first six months of 2020, amidst the global coronavirus pandemic, gun retailers reported a record 10.3 million firearm transactions, according to a new survey by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). And while various demographic groups are buying guns in 2020, African-Americans currently account for the highest increase in gun purchases.
Posts from the same category:
- Poll: Most Black Americans Want Police to Remain in Their Areas
- 2020 Democrats Warm to Mandatory Buybacks of Assault Weapons
- Democratic candidates silent on police shootings of black men
- New Zealanders hand in 50,000 guns after assault weapon ban
- Poll: 70 Percent of Americans Think ‘Black Lives Matter’ Has Not Improved Race Relations