House Democrats will vote this month on a bill intended to lay the foundation for a restoration of the full Voting Rights Act, a significant step in a years-long effort to respond to a 2013 Supreme Court decision that significantly weakened the law.
Posts from the same category:
- De Blasio Says Justice Given to Eric Garner—Family Says No
- Indian holy site prays for closure after court battle
- Australian sentenced to 36 years for murder, rape of Israeli
- Thanks to Trump, the U.S. hasn't admitted a single refugee since September
- Venezuela ex-intel chief missing in Spain ahead of US extradition: police