House Democrats will vote this month on a bill intended to lay the foundation for a restoration of the full Voting Rights Act, a significant step in a years-long effort to respond to a 2013 Supreme Court decision that significantly weakened the law.
Posts from the same category:
- 'Change is happening': Gun violence research could be funded by Congress for first time in 20 years
- De Blasio Says Justice Given to Eric Garner—Family Says No
- Republican who 'wanted to destroy' Bill Clinton during 1998 impeachment has regrets
- Indian holy site prays for closure after court battle
- As impeachment passes, Pelosi warns Dems: No cheering from the bench