The airport in the central Vietnamese tourism hotspot of Danang was packed on Monday after three residents tested positive for the coronavirus and the evacuation of 80,000 people began. The Southeast Asian country is back on high alert after authorities on Saturday confirmed the first community infections since April, and another three cases on Sunday, all in or around Danang. A further 11 cases linked to a Danang hospital were reported late on Monday.
Posts from the same category:
- South Korea urges staggered vacations, warns against gatherings as coronavirus cases rise
- China scrambles to contain 'strengthening' virus
- Iranian beauty queen wins asylum in Philippines
- Spain locks down a region of 200,000 people indefinitely after it experienced a spike in COVID-19 cases
- U.S. records 1,000 coronavirus deaths for fourth day, some progress seen