Millions of Americans have been ordered to evacuate their homes after Hurricane Dorian – having relentlessly battered the Bahamas for days, leaving at least five fatalities and dozens of injuries in its wake – picked up speed and size and started bearing down on the southeastern coastline.Officials in the Bahamas said at last 13,000 homes had been destroyed by massive flooding and powerful winds that blasted the nation with a force not matched since 1935. Hubert Minnis, the prime minister, urged Bahamians to show love to come through the ordeal suffered by their country, while aerial video recorded over the Bahamas' Great Abaco Island showed mile upon mile of flooded neighbourhoods and smashed buildings.
Posts from the same category:
- Hurricane Dorian: ‘Extremely dangerous’ storm kills five in Bahamas as Donald Trump plays golf
- Netanyahu's Dangerous Accusations of Anti-Semitism Against HBO Show 'Our Boys'
- Australia commits billions of dollars to wildfire recovery
- Pompeo urges justice over Mumbai attacks
- European air executives, airlines, urge Canada to safely restore travel