The unit commander’s order crackles over the radio and the column of French armoured vehicles en route between Burkina Faso and Mali comes to a sudden halt. Attacks abound, despite the 4,500 French troops deployed in the region as part of Operation Barkhane to help local forces.
Posts from the same category:
- Gunmen kill 24 and injure 18 in attack on Burkina Faso church
- Turkey Mistakenly Shells U.S. Special Forces in Syria: Report
- Navy SEAL Promoted After Choking Green Beret to Death
- Chinese military personnel parade near Hong Kong border: AFP
- Trump declares 'major breakthrough' in Syria, lifts sanctions on Turkey