Iran seized a boat and arrested 12 Filipino crewmen as it busted a suspected fuel-smuggling ring in the Strait of Hormuz waterway on Saturday, state media reported. "Coast guards successfully seized a foreign ship in the Strait of Hormuz," said Major Hossein Dehaki, the coast guard chief in the southern province of Hormozgan. Dehaki said the group was suspected of operating a fuel-smuggling ring and the confiscated shipment had been intercepted close to Sirik county in the Strait of Hormuz.
Posts from the same category:
- How the Strait of Hormuz, a narrow stretch of water where ships transport $1.2 billion worth of oil every day, is at the heart of spiraling tensions with Iran
- Shipwrecked Colombians clung to cocaine bales
- Woman ‘thrown in jail’ while delivering Christmas gifts to children in Mexico border migrant camps
- Israel intercepts rocket fire from Syria, reportedly hits back
- 33 bodies recovered after California dive boat disaster