Iran seized a boat and arrested 12 Filipino crewmen as it busted a suspected fuel-smuggling ring in the Strait of Hormuz waterway on Saturday, state media reported. "Coast guards successfully seized a foreign ship in the Strait of Hormuz," said Major Hossein Dehaki, the coast guard chief in the southern province of Hormozgan. Dehaki said the group was suspected of operating a fuel-smuggling ring and the confiscated shipment had been intercepted close to Sirik county in the Strait of Hormuz.
Posts from the same category:
- How the Strait of Hormuz, a narrow stretch of water where ships transport $1.2 billion worth of oil every day, is at the heart of spiraling tensions with Iran
- 33 bodies recovered after California dive boat disaster
- Allegations of labor abuses dogged Mississippi plant years before immigration raids
- Iran oil tanker pursued by US turns off tracker near Syria
- Trump claim doctors treating mass shooting victims 'were coming out of operating rooms' to meet him dismissed by hospitals