Iran slammed on Saturday the United States for what it called an “inhumane” decision to bar its foreign minister, who was attending the U.N. summit meetings in New York, from visiting a hospitalized Iranian diplomat in the city. U.S. authorities were not allowing Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif to visit U.N. ambassador Majid Takht Ravanchi, who was undergoing cancer treatment in a New York hospital. In July, the U.S. restricted Zarif’s movement to just six blocks in New York.
Posts from the same category:
- The Latest: Iran imposes sanctions on US think tank
- Iran ratchets up pressure ahead of weekend nuclear deadline
- Iran oil tanker pursued by US turns off tracker near Syria
- Iranian news agency says tanker leased to shipping firms
- Sondland, key witness in Ukraine probe, blocked from testimony in midnight call