Iran vowed on Saturday not to let an attack on one of its oil tankers off the coast of Saudi Arabia to go unanswered, the semi-official ISNA news agency reported. Ali Shamkhani, secretary of the Supreme National Security Council, said clues had been uncovered as to who was behind what he called a “missile attack” on the Sabiti tanker. “Maritime piracy and wickedness in international waterways… will not be left unanswered,” he said, quoted by ISNA.
Posts from the same category:
- Israel: Iran, Hezbollah intensifying missile efforts
- Iranian news agency says tanker leased to shipping firms
- Iran says Saudi attack claimed by Yemen rebels justified
- 'We're not some banana republic': National security adviser defends removal of Trump impeachment witness from White House job
- Iran says Ukrainian plane was on fire, tried to turn back