Iran’s semi-official ILNA news agency said on Wednesday the Adrian Darya 1 tanker, which was released after being detained in Gibraltar, is currently leased to an Iranian shipping company. The United States has issued a warrant to seize the tanker on the grounds that it had links to Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards, which it designates as a terrorist organization. “The Grace 1 vessel, renamed Adrian Darya after the seizure, is a Korean-made oil tanker owned by Russia which is currently leased to one of Iran’s shipping lines,” ILNA said in a correction, after saying earlier the tanker was leased to the Revolutionary Guards.
Posts from the same category:
- Satellite images show activity around Iranian-flagged tanker
- Satellite images show US-pursued Iran tanker still off Syria
- Iran oil tanker pursued by US turns off tracker near Syria
- U.S. will aggressively enforce sanctions over Iran tanker: State Department official
- Iran general says destroying Israel is an 'achievable goal'