In 1982, Joe Biden voted for a constitutional amendment to allow individual states to overturn Roe v. Wade. 30 years later in his 2012 debate with Paul Ryan, Biden claimed to believe that life begins at conception, but said that he would not "impose" that belief on other Americans.It was an utterly incoherent and deeply irresponsible position to take. If you believe that human life begins at conception, it is cowardly — not admirable or selfless — to abdicate your duty to stand up and speak up for the voiceless. It is especially shameful to abdicate for reasons of political self-preservation, as Biden did on that debate stage. Now, Biden has tacked even further left on the issue, expressing his support for repealing the Hyde Amendment last June after over 40 years of opposing such a repeal. And on Monday evening at an NBC News town hall, he even went so far as to promise to enshrine the holding of Roe v. Wade legislatively.Biden's hostile public posture toward life is incoherent, and growing more indefensible by the day.
Posts from the same category:
- With viral moments and hard facts, Democrats seek to seize the moment on gun control
- Biden Says He Would Defy Impeachment Subpoena—Then Tries to ‘Clarify’
- Burisma Consultant with Links to Hunter Biden Tried to Meet with State Dept. Official about ‘Troubling Events’ in Ukraine
- Big Tech and Big Law dominate Biden transition teams, tempering progressive hopes
- 'Mr. Vice President, you didn’t answer my question,' Kirsten Gillibrand digs in with Joe Biden at Democratic debate