Anti-Israeli chants rang through the streets of a Hezbollah bastion in the Lebanese capital on Tuesday as thousands of black-clad Shiites commemorated the seventh-century killing of Prophet Mohammed’s grandson. “We have taught Israel that our people are not weak,” the men cried, beating their chests in unison, during an Ashura commemoration marking the killing of Imam Hussein in battle by Caliph Yazid’s forces. This year’s ceremony comes shortly after a series of confrontations between Hezbollah and Israel, including an exchange of cross-border fire at the start of the month.
Posts from the same category:
- Israel: Iran, Hezbollah intensifying missile efforts
- Hariri says Israeli drones in Beirut attempt to stir Middle East tensions
- German media, lawmakers point finger at Moscow over executed Georgian
- Trump: Any Jew voting Democratic is uninformed or disloyal
- Netanyahu's Dangerous Accusations of Anti-Semitism Against HBO Show 'Our Boys'