A woman who spent 35 years in prison for a murder she didn’t commit has been awarded $3m (£2.5m) as a partial settlement in her civil rights case, according to her lawyers.Cathy Woods, 68, was released from prison in 2015 after she was exonerated due to new DNA evidence found on a cigarette stub.
Posts from the same category:
- Australian sentenced to 36 years for murder, rape of Israeli
- Oklahoma woman imprisoned in failure-to-protect case is free
- High school cheerleader cleared of murdering her baby to maintain ‘perfect life’
- US murderer executed after choosing electric chair
- Ex-CIA Officer Sentenced to 19 Years in Chinese Espionage Conspiracy