33 bodies recovered after California dive boat disasterRescue workers have recovered a total of 33 bodies from a scuba-diving boat disaster off the coast of California, authorities said Wednesday, adding that one person remains missing. Divers have since recovered 13 other bodies, according to the Santa Barbara County sheriff’s department, which is in charge of the investigation. The boat had been on a diving excursion around Santa Cruz Island, just west of Santa Barbara in southern California.

Iran ratchets up pressure ahead of weekend nuclear deadlineIranian officials ratcheted up pressure Wednesday ahead of a weekend nuclear deadline for European nations to come up with a solution for Iran to sell its oil abroad in the aftermath of escalated U.S. sanctions. President Hassan Rouhani reiterated a threat that Tehran would take additional steps away from the 2015 nuclear accord on Friday and accelerate nuclear activities if Europe fails to provide a solution, calling it Iran’s third, “most important step” away from the deal. Meanwhile, Iran’s Foreign Ministry announced that seven members of the 23-member crew of the seized British-flagged oil tanker Stena Impero held in the …

Iran oil tanker pursued by US turns off tracker near SyriaAn Iranian oil tanker blacklisted and pursued by the U.S. turned off its tracking beacon off the coast of Syria, leading to renewed speculation Tuesday that its oil will end up there, despite earlier assurances it wouldn’t. The disappearance of the Adrian Darya 1, formerly known as the Grace 1, follows a pattern of Iranian oil tankers turning off their Automatic Identification System to try and mask where they deliver their cargo amid U.S. sanctions targeting Iran’s energy industry. Its disappearance comes after the British territory of Gibraltar seized the tanker and ultimately released it weeks later when officials there …

Hurricane Dorian: Millions ordered to evacuate as storm bears down on USMillions of Americans have been ordered to evacuate their homes after Hurricane Dorian – having relentlessly battered the Bahamas for days, leaving at least five fatalities and dozens of injuries in its wake – picked up speed and size and started bearing down on the southeastern coastline.Officials in the Bahamas said at last 13,000 homes had been destroyed by massive flooding and powerful winds that blasted the nation with a force not matched since 1935. Hubert Minnis, the prime minister, urged Bahamians to show love to come through the ordeal suffered by their country, while aerial video recorded over the …