A Nicaraguan judge sentenced a man to 30 years behind bars in the killing of a young nursing student in upstate New York, a district attorney in the state said Friday. The trial of Orlando Tercero in the 2018 killing of Haley Anderson marked an exceedingly rare legal proceeding in which the defendant was prosecuted under Nicaragua’s legal system for a slaying that happened on American soil. Tercero is a dual citizen of the U.S. and Nicaragua.
Posts from the same category:
- Jihadi Jack: Isis fighter stripped of British citizenship by Home Office
- 40 suspects in Mexico Mormon massacre: lawyer
- A Wisconsin prisoner just reportedly confessed to the 'Making a Murderer' killing
- Texas pastors seek federal action after police shoot black woman in her home
- American war veteran who spent several days in ICE detention receives $190k settlement