A Nicaraguan judge sentenced a man to 30 years behind bars in the killing of a young nursing student in upstate New York, a district attorney in the state said Friday. The trial of Orlando Tercero in the 2018 killing of Haley Anderson marked an exceedingly rare legal proceeding in which the defendant was prosecuted under Nicaragua’s legal system for a slaying that happened on American soil. Tercero is a dual citizen of the U.S. and Nicaragua.
Posts from the same category:
- Woman in labor refused to go to the hospital until she voted
- Jihadi Jack: Isis fighter stripped of British citizenship by Home Office
- 40 suspects in Mexico Mormon massacre: lawyer
- A Wisconsin prisoner just reportedly confessed to the 'Making a Murderer' killing
- US denies sending American accused of spying in Venezuela