A nighttime rocket attack on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad injured at least one embassy personnel member, staffers there said Monday. Violence between Iraqi security forces and anti-government protesters also continued to seethe overnight, with one protester shot dead in a violent crackdown in the country’s south. Unrest was also ongoing in the capital Baghdad with fresh clashes near the central Khilani Square.
Posts from the same category:
- PHOTOS: Iraqi Shiites break into U.S. Embassy in Baghdad
- Bolivia says Spain 'tried to extract' wanted aide from Mexico embassy
- Small but dangerous: volcano spews ash over Philippine capital
- Iraqi jihadism expert Hisham al-Hashemi killed
- Protests in Illinois city over police killing of Black teenager