The officer who was fired in the 2014 chokehold death of Eric Garner is suing the New York Police Department and the police commissioner to be reinstated. Video of the confrontation between Garner, a black man, and the officers trying to arrest him for selling untaxed cigarettes drew outrage and was viewed millions of times online.
Posts from the same category:
- De Blasio Says Justice Given to Eric Garner—Family Says No
- Death of troubled officer whose gun wasn't taken away marks record number of suicides in NYPD
- Police chief: Officer faked shooting, distress call
- Texas police who led black man down street by rope will not face criminal probe
- Chinese fugitive: Police use drone to find man who had been on the run for 17 years