The officer who was fired in the 2014 chokehold death of Eric Garner is suing the New York Police Department and the police commissioner to be reinstated. Video of the confrontation between Garner, a black man, and the officers trying to arrest him for selling untaxed cigarettes drew outrage and was viewed millions of times online.
Posts from the same category:
- NYPD chief, protesters roughed up in Brooklyn Bridge clash
- George Floyd: Leaked police bodycam footage shows how fatal arrest began
- De Blasio Says Justice Given to Eric Garner—Family Says No
- Slain Black man's family vows legal fight against police
- Congresswoman Maxine Waters jumps out of her car to intervene as black man stopped by police