Former President Barack Obama knows what it's like to make history at a Democratic National Convention, and soon, so will Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.).Obama was set to give the final speech during night three of the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday, but instead, he asked organizers to switch things up and give his slot to Harris, a person familiar with the matter told The Washington Post. Why? Because as the first Black president, he wanted to "pass the torch" to Harris, who is poised to become the first Black and South Asian woman on a major party's presidential ticket. Now, he will speak before Harris, and she will deliver the night's final address.More stories from theweek.com 5 bitingly funny cartoons about the Democratic National Convention Joe Biden is already planning a failed presidency Kamala Harris' grand finale involved awkward pointing, an empty auditorium, and a Zoom mistake
Posts from the same category:
- Joe Biden buries the hatchet and looks to bring in Kamala Harris as running mate
- ‘Accept her dominion over you’: Tucker Carlson rages at Michelle Obama in ‘unhinged’ Fox News rant
- ‘Transition’ to Kamala? Not on Our Watch
- Barack Obama reportedly said: 'Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f… things up'
- Harris hopes to make ‘magic’ with black women in SC