One man was killed and another wounded early Monday in Seattle's "occupied" protest zone – the second deadly shooting in the area. Police said the shooting happened before dawn in the city's Capitol Hill neighborhood, near downtown. The Seattle Times reports that Harborview Medical Center said one wounded man was brought to the hospital in a private vehicle at about 3:15 a.m. The second was brought by Seattle Fire Department medics about 15 minutes later. The hospital said one man died and the other was in critical condition, Seattle police did not immediately release more information about the shooting. Demonstrators have occupied several blocks around the Seattle Police Department's East Precinct and a park for about two weeks after police abandoned the precinct following standoffs and clashes with protesters calling for racial justice and an end to police brutality.
Posts from the same category:
- 2 Oklahoma police officers shot, suspect taken into custody
- Turkey evacuates wounded after deadly Mogadishu blast
- Police: Home in California backyard shooting was targeted
- Ninth family member dies after Israeli strike: ministry
- Mexico theme park crash: Two people killed after rollercoaster car flips over mid-ride