Pakistan has declined to pursue a sprawling case against Chinese sex traffickers due to fears it would harm economic ties with Beijing, the AP reported on Wednesday. Pakistan has been seeking closer ties with China for years as Beijing continue to make major investments in the country’s infrastructure.
Posts from the same category:
- Pakistan Backs Off Prosecuting Chinese Sex Traffickers to Preserve Economic Ties to Beijing: Report
- Accused Chinese Spy Pleads Guilty in U.S. ‘Dead-Drop’ Sting
- China scrambles to contain 'strengthening' virus
- Trump’s former economic adviser admits his tariffs are hurting US and helping China
- Unions target Cathay Pacific airline in Hong Kong protest