The military chief backed President Rodrigo Duterte's termination of the 1998 Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) and said doing so would allow the Philippines to expand its modernisation programme and its engagement with Australia and Japan – both U.S. allies.
Posts from the same category:
- Iranian beauty queen wins asylum in Philippines
- Philippine vice president says time for Duterte to halt failed drug war; 'It's not working'
- Buoyed by U.S., Erdogan Vows to Expel Syrian Forces From Idlib
- Rand Paul Rails Against Trump’s Soleimani Strike: ‘I Hate This’
- Bailed tycoon Ghosn flees to Lebanon from 'rigged' Japan