Award-winning photojournalist Mary F. Calvert has spent six years documenting the prevalence of rape in the military and the effects on victims. She began with a focus on female victims but more recently has examined the underreported incidence of sexual assaults on men and the lifelong trauma it can inflict.
Posts from the same category:
- Allegations of labor abuses dogged Mississippi plant years before immigration raids
- Congresswoman's exit prompts question of equity amid scandal
- ICE says it will not conduct immigration enforcement operations in affected areas during Hurricane Dorian
- British teenager found guilty of lying about 'gang rape' in Cyprus holiday resort
- Death toll in Indonesia bus plunge rises to 35 as more victims found