Police have admitted that white powder seized during a "huge" drugs bust at Gatwick airport is actually cake mix for vegan bakery. Vegan pizza restaurant Purezza was transporting ingredients in a suitcase when a member of staff was stopped by the police on August 28. The white powder, which was divided into 25 blue bags, was sent for tests before officers accepted it was not illegal. British Transport Police said: "'Officers were called to Gatwick Airport station at 1.34pm on August 28 after a suitcase was found containing 25 bags of powder. "Following a number of inquiries and tests, it was determined these bags of powder were cake ingredients for a vegan bakery. "They were soon reunited with the owner, who has promised officers and staff a slice of cake in return." The restaurant, which has venues in Brighton and Camden, London, later tweeted: "Thanks for going easy on us guys! "A slab of cake all round is in order when you're next in Brighton."
Posts from the same category:
- Flights cancelled after Hong Kong protesters target airport
- Texas shooting: Seven dead after ‘white male’ opens fire in Midland and Odessa
- Six people aged 62 to 85 arrested for 'sexual activity' in woods after police surveillance operation
- Police block thousands marching in Pakistani Kashmir
- Epstein girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell pictured at burger bar in first public sighting since financier’s death