In their long hunt for Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Iraqi intelligence teams secured a break in February 2018 after one of the Islamic State leader's top aides gave them information on how he escaped capture for so many years, said two Iraqi security officials.
Posts from the same category:
- 'He died like a dog': Trump announces killing of ISIS leader al-Baghdadi in Syria
- Isil leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi 'died like a dog and coward' in US special forces raid, says Donald Trump
- Brazil gang leader puts on silicon mask and wig in attempt to flee jail disguised as his daughter
- Cartel gunmen terrorize Mexican city, free El Chapo's son
- White House says bin Laden son killed in US operation