A key witness bullied by notorious Republican operative Roger Stone has repeatedly denied being a “back-channel” for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to Mr Stone, a former aide to Donald Trump.Mr Stone lied to Congress about his role in WikiLeaks’ plans to release emails from Hillary Clinton’s campaign and planned to obtain damaging information on Mr Trump’s political rivals in order to protect the president because “the truth looked bad” for Mr Trump’s campaign, according to federal prosecutors.
Posts from the same category:
- Roger Stone's trial could hang on a comedian's drunken texts
- Hillary Clinton to Trump on a 2020 rerun: 'Don't tempt me. Do your job.'
- Ex-Trump campaign chief Lewandowski says 'happy' to testify before Congress
- Inspector general finds 'significant errors or omissions' in Trump adviser surveillance warrant
- Planned Parenthood Refuses Title X Funding in Response to Trump Administration Restrictions