Russian officials say a top-of-the-line fighter jet has crashed on a training mission but that its pilot bailed out safely. Russia's United Aircraft Corporation said in a statement Tuesday that the Su-57 fighter came down during a training flight near Komsomolsk-on-Amur in the country's far east. The Su-57, which made its maiden flight in 2010, is Russia's most advanced fighter plane.
Posts from the same category:
- US F-16 warplane crashes in Germany with pilot taken to hospital
- New details emerge on snowstorm plane crash that left 9 dead
- Ukraine releases 'key MH17 suspect' ahead of expected prisoner swap with Russia
- A Southwest Airlines flight attendant alleges she caught 2 pilots watching a livestream of the plane's bathroom
- European court: Russia put lawyer Magnitsky's life in danger