Three suspected drug smugglers survived in shark-infested Pacific waters by clinging for hours to floating bales of cocaine, Colombia’s navy said Tuesday. The three Colombians are suspected of smuggling 1.2 tons of cocaine from Tumaco in Colombia when their boat was hit by a wave Saturday and capsized, Captain Jorge Maldonado of Colombia’s Task Force Against Drug Trafficking told AFP. “The coastguard arrived and these three people were floating on a material that by its characteristics resembled drugs,” said Maldonado.
Posts from the same category:
- Prosecutors: Kansas drug network tied to Chicago dismantled
- Cartel gunmen terrorize Mexican city, free El Chapo's son
- The Latest: Russian spokeswoman blames US attitudes
- 'Russians don't surrender': 'agent' Maria Butina arrives in Moscow
- Man caught at Houston airport with 35 pounds of liquid cocaine in shampoo bottles