Six tourists, including a Frenchwoman, have been arrested over accusations that they damaged Peru's cultural heritage by defecating in a sacred temple at the iconic Machu Picchu sanctuary. "The six tourists are being detained and investigated by the public ministry for the alleged crime against cultural heritage," Cuzco regional police chief Wilbert Leyva said on Monday, quoted by the local Andina news agency.
Posts from the same category:
- The Latest: Iran imposes sanctions on US think tank
- Warren Deletes Infamous DNA Test Tweet One Year After Reveal
- Pope's bodyguard resigns over new financial leaks scandal
- Six dead in hours-long New York-area shootout
- El Paso shooting suspect Patrick Crusius could face the death penalty; hate crime charges possible