Sixteen inmates were killed and five wounded in a prison fight in the northern Mexican state of Zacatecas, authorities said, in one of the worst outbreaks of violence in the country’s penal system since President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador took power. The fight broke out Tuesday afternoon at the Regional Center for Social Reintegration in the town of Cieneguillas, located on the western flank of state capital Zacatecas, the state government said. In a press conference Wednesday evening, state Public Security Minister Ismael Camberos said all prison staff working during the fight and on the previous shift would be investigated.
Posts from the same category:
- Brazil inmates 'suffocated' during transfer after jail riot
- Texas inmate executed for killing prison supervisor in 2003
- Beijing asks some U.S. media to submit information about their China operations
- Carlos Ghosn: I Have Documents Showing Nissan, Japan Officials Set Me Up
- Paris Knife Attacker Converted to Islam 18 Months Before Attack: Report