South Korean police said Thursday that they have found a suspect thought to be an infamous serial killer wanted for the slaying of nine women some 30 years ago. Senior police officer Ban Gi-soo said police have continued their investigation into the 1986-1991 slayings even after the statute of limitations expired 13 years ago in order to find the truth. Ban said the technological improvement of DNA analysis allowed authorities to extract DNA samples from evidence that wasn't possible at the time of the cases.
Posts from the same category:
- De Blasio Says Justice Given to Eric Garner—Family Says No
- Retired Detective Murdered His Wife to ‘Enjoy’ Retirement With New Lover: Prosecutors
- Jeffrey Epstein death: Two guards 'fell asleep' then falsified records after inmate removed from paedophile financier's cell
- Texas police who led black man down street by rope will not face criminal probe
- Criminal investigation opens into fire aboard California dive boat: source