South Korean police said Thursday that they have found a suspect thought to be an infamous serial killer wanted for the slaying of nine women some 30 years ago. Senior police officer Ban Gi-soo said police have continued their investigation into the 1986-1991 slayings even after the statute of limitations expired 13 years ago in order to find the truth. Ban said the technological improvement of DNA analysis allowed authorities to extract DNA samples from evidence that wasn't possible at the time of the cases.
Posts from the same category:
- Police Find Child’s Toy Bucket in Secret Sealed Cellar Being Searched for Madeleine McCann
- Robert Koehler: Serial ‘pillowcase rapist’ suspect was building a ‘dungeon’ before arrest
- British teenager found guilty of lying about 'gang rape' in Cyprus holiday resort
- De Blasio Says Justice Given to Eric Garner—Family Says No
- Pakistan Backs Off Prosecuting Chinese Sex Traffickers to Preserve Economic Ties to Beijing: Report