As the sky cleared and floodwaters receded Saturday, residents of North Carolina’s Outer Banks began to assess the damage wrought by Hurricane Dorian. Steve Harris has lived on Ocracoke Island for most of the last 19 years. Gov. Roy Cooper said about 800 people had remained on the island to wait out Dorian and it appeared to be the hardest hit.
Posts from the same category:
- Hurricane Dorian: ‘Extremely dangerous’ storm kills five in Bahamas as Donald Trump plays golf
- Kamala Harris Swings At Tulsi Gabbard For Going After Record As California Prosecutor
- Hurricane Dorian claimed its first victim, an 8-year-old boy who reportedly drowned in the Bahamas
- Hurricane Dorian: Millions ordered to evacuate as storm bears down on US
- Trump refuses to concede he was wrong about hurricane forecast