Texas on Wednesday carried out the first execution of the year in the United States, putting to death by lethal injection a man convicted of killing his wife 15 years ago because she wanted a divorce. John Gardner, 64, was sentenced to death in 2006 for killing his fifth wife, who had left him after multiple incidents of physical violence and filed for divorce. Tammy Gardner died two days later.
Posts from the same category:
- Texas man wanted for allegedly divorcing his wife without her knowledge
- Texas executes ex-leader of white supremacist gang for murder
- Texas inmate executed for killing prison supervisor in 2003
- Black prosecutors back Gardner, say they've faced resistance
- A gun is fired on US school grounds twice a week, database reveals