Lindsey Graham has lashed out at the Democrat-backed impeachment inquiry in the House of Representatives, calling the effort to indict Donald Trump “out of bounds” and a danger to the American presidency.The strong words accompanied a measure he introduced in the Senate to formally condemn the inquiry for being run behind closed doors, and come as the president has publicly chided his Republican backers to defend him more strongly against the attacks that have left the White House scrambling for a working defence to the probe that has jeopardised his time in office and derailed the likelihood of any major legislative victories before the 2020 election next year.
Posts from the same category:
- Impeachment witnesses tested Republican defenses of Trump one by one
- Hillary Clinton says evidence for impeachment inquiry is 'dramatic and irrefutable'
- Not much for Trump to be thankful for in latest impeachment news
- Biden Says He Would Defy Impeachment Subpoena—Then Tries to ‘Clarify’
- Republican Rep. Will Hurd breaks with Trump, insists whistleblower remain anonymous