Lindsey Graham has lashed out at the Democrat-backed impeachment inquiry in the House of Representatives, calling the effort to indict Donald Trump “out of bounds” and a danger to the American presidency.The strong words accompanied a measure he introduced in the Senate to formally condemn the inquiry for being run behind closed doors, and come as the president has publicly chided his Republican backers to defend him more strongly against the attacks that have left the White House scrambling for a working defence to the probe that has jeopardised his time in office and derailed the likelihood of any major legislative victories before the 2020 election next year.
Posts from the same category:
- Hillary Clinton says evidence for impeachment inquiry is 'dramatic and irrefutable'
- Republican Rep. Will Hurd breaks with Trump, insists whistleblower remain anonymous
- Former Acting Attorney General: ‘Abuse of Power Is Not a Crime’
- Judge Napolitano Schools ‘Fox & Friends’ on Impeachment: Schiff Just ‘Following the Rules’ Written by GOP
- Democrats' Medicare for All must consider union-won plans: AFL-CIO