Trump’s claim triggered a quick uproar from critics who said the Republican president was trading in anti-Semitic stereotypes. It came amid Trump’s ongoing feud with Democratic Reps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, who are Muslim. Trump has closely aligned himself with Israel, including conservative Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, while the congresswomen are outspoken critics of Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians.
Posts from the same category:
- Israeli lawmaker aims to oust Netanyahu in Likud primary
- Fox News Host Quickly Moves On After GOP Rep. Says Tlaib ‘Hates Jews More Than She Likes Her Grandmother’
- Israel strikes Gaza after rocket fire: army
- Putin to meet mother of Israeli backpacker jailed over hash
- Netanyahu's Dangerous Accusations of Anti-Semitism Against HBO Show 'Our Boys'