Tensions are flaring in the Persian Gulf after President Donald Trump said the U.S. is “locked and loaded” to respond to a weekend drone assault on Saudi Arabia’s energy infrastructure that his aides blamed on Iran. The attack, which halved the kingdom’s oil production and sent crude prices spiking , led Trump to authorize the release of U.S. strategic reserves should they be necessary to stabilize markets.
Posts from the same category:
- Iran says Saudi attack claimed by Yemen rebels justified
- Iran ratchets up pressure ahead of weekend nuclear deadline
- The Latest: Iran imposes sanctions on US think tank
- Iran oil tanker pursued by US turns off tracker near Syria
- Trump struggles to pronounce various words during rambling speech to veterans