Tensions are flaring in the Persian Gulf after President Donald Trump said the U.S. is “locked and loaded” to respond to a weekend drone assault on Saudi Arabia’s energy infrastructure that his aides blamed on Iran. The attack, which halved the kingdom’s oil production and sent crude prices spiking , led Trump to authorize the release of U.S. strategic reserves should they be necessary to stabilize markets.
Posts from the same category:
- Iran says Saudi attack claimed by Yemen rebels justified
- Ex-CIA boss: "There will be dead Americans" after Iran general killed
- UK to announce new rules for militants after street stabbing
- U.S. sanctions Iranian commander over Mahshahr killings
- Iran vows to punish 'mercenaries' behind street violence