At least 1,019 fatalities due to COVID-19 were confirmed nationwide on Friday, following 1,140 on Thursday, 1,135 on Wednesday and 1,141 on Tuesday. Total cases across the United States rose by at least 68,800 on Friday to over 4 million. The numbers have been driven in large part by a surge in infections in Arizona, California, Florida, Texas and California.
Posts from the same category:
- The Latest: Global death toll for pandemic now above 600,000
- U.S. announces more coronavirus cases, details quarantine plans for returning travelers
- South Korea urges staggered vacations, warns against gatherings as coronavirus cases rise
- As COVID cases spike in Florida, Trump now says he's 'flexible' on convention format in Jacksonville
- Airbnb cracks down on New Jersey 'party houses' as COVID-19 spreads among young people