Winners of Spain’s “El Gordo” lottery were celebrating Sunday after more than two billion euros were paid out as the lucky numbers were announced live on national television. “El Gordo”, or “The Fat One”, is the world’s richest lottery, paying out millions of euros every year to multiple winners. A single lottery office in the resort town of Salou in the northeast Catalan region, shared out 320 million euros ($354 million), Spanish television station TVE reported.
Posts from the same category:
- Xinjiang: The making of China's far west police state
- Mike Bloomberg barely appears in his newest anti-Trump ads
- Klamath National Forest fire threatening homes near California-Oregon border
- PHOTOS: The 93rd Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Children were told to ‘build the wall’ at White House Halloween party