The European Union on Monday unveiled a system for imposing sanctions on Turkey over its unauthorized gas drilling in Mediterranean waters off Cyprus but no Turkish companies or officials have yet been targeted. EU member countries can now come forward with names of those they think should be listed. Turkish warship-escorted drillships began exploratory drilling this summer in waters where EU-member Cyprus has exclusive economic rights, including areas where European energy companies are licensed to conduct a hydrocarbons search.
Posts from the same category:
- Turkey evacuates wounded after deadly Mogadishu blast
- European court: Russia put lawyer Magnitsky's life in danger
- British teenager found guilty of lying about 'gang rape' in Cyprus holiday resort
- Turkey Mistakenly Shells U.S. Special Forces in Syria: Report
- Erdogan Threatens Europe With Refugees After Syria Criticism